As Winter takes hold in Australia, it's essential to keep in mind that your skin requires special attention during this time of year. The colder weather can be harsh and cause a variety of challenges for your skin's health and appearance. In this blog, we will be covering 5 ways you can help to restore your skin this Winter so that you’re avoiding the dreaded dryness and irritation.
1. Hydration is Key
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
Well-hydrated skin is not only more comfortable but also more resilient. By incorporating highly active and lipid rich skincare products such as our Flora Cream your skin will have its best chance at staying hydrated, even with harsh indoor heating.
Flora Cream has been formulated to deeply nourish, hydrate and revitalise, which makes it the perfect Winter go-to.
While external hydration of the skin is crucial, don't overlook the importance of hydrating your skin from the inside out. Drinking more water works to nourish your skin from within, promoting a healthy complexion and supporting the effectiveness of external moisturisers like the Flora Cream.
2. Protect Your Skin's Barrier
When it comes to maintaining healthy and resilient skin during Winter, protecting your barrier function is crucial. One effective way to achieve this is by incorporating Omega Oil into your skincare routine. Rich in essential fatty acids, Omega Oil replenishes and nourishes the skin, optimising its barrier protection and defending against dryness and irritation.
Omega 3, 6 and 9 are found in many Bare Roots products including Omega Oil and play a critical role in helping your skin perform healthy everyday functions. These fatty acids help promote the structural integrity of your skin while also strengthening its natural barrier.
3. Gentle Cleansing for Sensitive Skin
Especially during Winter, finding a gentle cleanser that effectively removes impurities without stripping away natural oils or disrupting the skin's moisture balance is essential. Proper cleansing sets the foundation for a healthy skincare routine and can help prevent irritation and dryness. Our range of cleansers work to calm irritated, stressed or dry skin and are packed with plant-derived. anti-inflammatories and Vitamins.
4. Protecting Your Skin from Environmental Factors:
Cold winds and low humidity during Winter mean our skin requires extra care and protection to maintain its health and hydration. Some ways to do this include:
- Embrace Protective Clothing: When venturing outdoors in cold and windy weather, opt for protective clothing that covers your skin. Think hats, scarves, and gloves to shield your face, neck, and hands from the harsh elements. This helps minimise moisture loss and reduces the risk of skin damage caused by exposure to cold winds and low humidity.
- Limit Excessive Heat Exposure: While it can be extremely tempting to warm up with long hot showers or spend time in heated environments during Winter, excessive heat exposure can be detrimental to your skin's moisture levels. Hot water and heated indoor spaces can strip away natural oils and contribute to dryness. Limit the duration and temperature of your showers, and keep indoor heating at a comfortable level to avoid excessive drying of the skin.
- Use a Humidifier: In dry indoor environments, consider using a humidifier to add moisture to the air. This can help combat the drying effects of central heating systems and contribute to a more comfortable and moisturised environment for your skin.
Winter Restore Wrap up
Overall to make sure you’re protecting and nourishing your skin this Winter we recommend you:
- Keep your skin hydrated with nourishing moisturisers and water intake.
- Protect your skin barrier by incorporating Omega Oil into your skin routine.
- Choose a gentle cleanser that won't strip away natural oils or disrupt the skin's moisture balance.
- Incorporate a derma roller into your routine to help resurface new skin cells on your face.
- Protect your skin from environmental factors with protective clothing, avoid heat exposure and consider a humidifier.
Winter Restore Bundle
Relax and restore your skin with our rejuvenating Winter bundle. Featuring the Flora Cream, and Omega Oil along with a FREE Spa Headband this bundle is perfect to initiate cell renewal, repair damage and deeply moisturise this Winter.Interested in using our skincare for professional use? - Sign up to become a stockist now